During this episode of the Lab Coat Agents Podcast, host Jeff Pfitzer speaks with Cory Lee, an entrepreneur, speaker, trainer, and leadership expert. Cory speaks about the importance of investing in yourself, how to become influential, and why he wants to be world-famous.
- Cory Lee is originally from Mississippi. In a five year period, he built and sold several gyms and physical therapy clinics.
- Early in his life he had a hard time with a lack of confidence and needed to build his confidence to be a successful entrepreneur.
- Cory shares about his upbringing and how his mother and grandmother raised him.
- Letting your gifts and talents shine isn't arrogance, it's awareness.
- The world needs your gifts and your talents.
- Have a vision and direction to guide you in your business.
- They wanted to create a culture of change within their community.
- Cory speaks to the importance of adding value to each individual customer.
- Investing in your own growth is important to the success of your business.
- Many people don't realize that they may not reach success without taking the risk of investing in a coach.
- Investing in yourself is one of the best things you can do.
- Successful people are constantly learning and they never reach the peak.
- If you're the smartest person in the room, you need to find a new room.
- Millionaires are often nice people and they will often give away information if people ask.
- Your comfort zone is not really comfortable. It's familiar.
- Most successful people want to give back because somebody gave to them.
- Becoming an influencer is about becoming the type of leader that other people willfully follow because of who you are and what you represent.
- Comparison limits us from becoming influential.
- Compare yourself to your potential. Stop comparing yourself to your current results.
- Think of at least one thing you could do today that would move the needle towards your goal.
- Write down five tasks that will lead you to your goal and for the next fourteen days in a row, do at least one of those tasks.
- First, you need to find out where you want to go.
- People tend to spend their time on things that are unimportant.
- Write down all of your tasks and responsibilities. Ask what is required. Ask where you'll get the greatest return. Ask what is more rewarding to you.
- As you accomplish goals, you create habits.
- Become aware of the habits that are getting in your way.
- It's not about self-judgment, it's about awareness.
- How you overcome your failures will define you.
- Choose your attitude. Your attitude is your choice.
- Give people your time and attention.
- Exceed people's expectations.
- Don't be attached to outcomes. Be attached to your participation.
- Any time you're doing anything, you're trading your time. Be intentional with your time.
3 Key Points:
- Successful people invest in themselves and look for opportunities to learn.
- As you accomplish your goals, you will form an awareness around your habits.
- Don’t be afraid of reaching out to successful people. They’re often willing to help.